At Reach, Student will have the opportunity to study for the BTEC IT Users qualification as an option.
If you have a interest in Information Technology and its uses in society then this course is for you. This course is designed for students who want a career in IT, media or digital design. It is a competence-based qualification that gives you the valuable skills and knowledge you need to progress to a level 2 qualification in Business, Media Production or IT.
This hands-on, vocational qualification has been developed in consultation with employers to prepare you for the workplace.
These qualifications are designed to prepare learners for employment in the IT sector and they are suitable for those who have decided that they wish to enter a specific area of work within the IT industry.
These qualifications have been developed to give learners the opportunity to:
- engage in learning which is relevant to them and will provide opportunities to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life
- gain a nationally recognised vocationally specific qualification to enter employment in the IT sector or to progress to further education vocational qualifications such as the Edexcel BTEC Level 2 Award, Certificate or Diploma for IT Users (ITQ) (QCF) qualifications
- develop functional skills and personal learning and thinking skills essential for successful performance in working life.
What career could I follow with an IT qualification?
A university or college course in IT will give you good IT knowledge, ace analytical skills, and excellent problem-solving skills. This means that when it comes to potential careers, the world is pretty much your oyster.
IT career options include:
- Web designer
- Systems analyst
- Computer games developer
- User experience developer
IT graduates could also look for employment in
- Media (broadcast engineer, multimedia broadcaster, sound technician)
- Military (armed forces technical officer, intelligence officer, satellite technician)
- Finance (credit analyst, commodity broker, financial risk analyst). How’s that for choice?